15-Minute Chive Cream Mussels
Serve with baguette or crusty bread on the side to sop up juices, if desired.
- 4 lbs mussels
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 small shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup 35% whipping cream
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 3 tbsp fresh chives, chopped
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1. Rinse mussels, pulling off any beards. Discard any mussels that do not close when tapped.2. In large Dutch oven, melt butter over medium heat; cook shallots and garlic, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes.3. Add wine and mussels; cover and bring to boil over high heat. Cook until mussels open, about 5 minutes. Discard any that do not open. Using slotted spoon; transfer mussels to serving bowl; cover and keep warm.4. Meanwhile, add cream and tomatoes to remaining cooking liquid; bring to boil over high heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until liquid is reduced by half, about 3 minutes. Stir in chives and pepper. Pour sauce over mussels.